Nearly a quarter of all deaths at work are caused by vehicles reversing and can easily be avoided using reversing alarms – simply follow our steps below.
1. Reversing areas need to be clearly planned and marked out
2. Consider putting in a one way system to avoid the need to reverse at all
3. Use a signaller to keep the area clear and guide the drivers
4. Plan the layout of you site to include larger areas for reversing and use fixed mirrors for guidance
5. Use reversing alarms that are loud enough to be heard over the background noise
6. Where sound cannot be used choose a flashing warning light